Columbus State University takes its responsibility seriously to make prudent and well-informed choices for the well-being of our campus communities and the public. The safety of our students, faculty, staff, as well as our visitors, is our number one priority.
Following the guidance from the Governor's Coronavirus Task Force, the Georgia Department of Public Health, and The University System of Georgia, Columbus State University will cancel all first year mandatory in-person ROAR Orientation Session scheduled from May 29 - July 30th. Instead, all first-year mandatory ROAR Sessions will be administered asynchronously through CSU's Learning Management System, CougarView.
- Virtual sessions from various CSU's departments will be provided through the summer as supplemental activities. These include but are not limited to Advising & Registration, Student Panels, Study Abroad, etc.
- The ROAR Online Orientation Session registration fee is $25 for students. Please note this fee is not refundable. Students who registered and paid the previous fee of $150.00 will receive $125.00 refund to their credit/debit card used.
- All guests who paid their registration fee will receive a refund to their credit/debit card used.
- If you registered for the in-person orientations, YOU DO NOT have to register for the Online Orientation. Your registration will transfer.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at 706-507-8593 or email us at Orientation@ColumbusState.edu. To learn more about The University System of Georgia & Columbus State University's response to COVID-19, please click here.
- Tuesday, January 14: traditional, non-traditional, and transfer students
- Check-In Starts at 8:00 am in the Student Recreation Center
- Students can complete the asynchronous ROAR Online Orientation starting June 1st.
- In order to register for classes, students MUST complete:
- Advising Survey
Camp PROWL Schedule
Camp PROWL What to Bring
Try Our Mobile App
Get connected early and stay connected throughout your orientation session! Guidebook will become available mid-May!
Frequently Asked Questions